Wealth of knowledge, Identity development, Networking opportunities, Graduation and Success.
The WINGS Mentor Program is an extension of CMAE that drives its mission of retaining and engaging under-represented and multiple identity students through cultural programming, academic services and leadership development.
The goal of WINGS is to build the student relationships with community members, UO faculty, staff, alumni and graduate students. By establishing these relationships, students will create successful pathways in and out of the classroom that will lead to pursuits in graduate studies and professional careers.
At the core of WINGS is its programming and academic advising. This interaction will enhance students’ experiences as a UO student while integrating them into the community and connecting them to professional resources. Examples of upcoming WINGS events are as follows:
· Resume and cover letter workshop
· Identifying transferable skills
· Post-grad prep
· Internship opportunities
· Goal setting
· Be confidential
Mentors take a holistic approach in encouraging the academic, professional and personal growth of their mentees by providing a safe space to exchange ideas and plans of action. Mentors are, but are not limited to: community members, UO faculty, staff, alumni and graduate students. The expectations of a mentor are:
· Help create strategies of success
· Meet at least twice per term
· Communicate regularly with mentee
· Write a letter of recommendation for student
Mentees are innovative, inspirational and motivated individuals who are agents of change. Programming for mentees will be on Tuesdays, every odd week of the month, from 5:30p – 6:30p. These meetings are mandatory. Other mentee expectations are:
· Communicate regularly with mentor
· Attend advising sessions
· Participate in workshops and programs
· Be respectful
Skills that WINGS participants are set to gain are course planning, study skills, alumni connections, graduate school planning and shadow/internship/work experience.
Who is eligible to participate?
- WINGS is open to UO sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Community members, UO faculty, staff, alumni & graduate students are invited to apply as mentors
- Freshmen are encouraged to participate in Dean of Students' mentor program-IMPACT
To be a part of the WINGS Mentoring Program, please contact email@example.com or by phone at 541.346.3479.
The WINGS application - CLOSES DECEMBER 20th 5 PM.
To view our Prezi, CLICK HERE